PDP Rejects N143.80k New Fuel Price, Says APC Lacks Human Sympathy
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has rejected the announced increase in fuel price from N123 to N143.80 per liter by the All Progressives Congress (APC) administration, describing it as a punishment to Nigerians given the prevailing economic hardship foisted on country by the administration.
The party described the hike, despite the decline price of crude oil in the international market, as grossly unjustifiable and further exposes the insincerity of the APC and its administration.
The PDP notes that in directing a fuel price increase at the time Nigerians are facing the economic and social trauma of the COVID-19 pandemic, the President Muhammadu Buhari-led APC administration shows a total lack of human feelings to the plights of our citizens.
Our party challenges the APC-led Federal Government to present to Nigerians, the indices and parameters it used to determine the price increase, which obviously cannot be in tandem with the prevalent situation in the global industry.
The actions of the APC administration have continued to confirm that the party has never been pro-poor but only relishes in imposing hardship and heavy taxes on already impoverished Nigerians, while running an over-bloated government through which resources meant for the welfare of Nigerians are frittered by corrupt officials and the cabal in the Presidency.
Under the APC, Nigerians have been subjected to untold hardship, which is worsened by excruciating taxes, including a 7.5 percent Value Added Tax (VAT) on essential commodities and services, increased electricity tariff, obnoxious Stamp Duty and other levies on bank transactions.
It is shocking that the APC government has continued to impose
more burdens that have made life unbearable to our citizens, many of whom have lost their means of livelihood due to the misrule of the APC.
Only yesterday, President Buhari told the world that the number of poor people will triple following the adverse impact of COVID-19 pandemic; yet his administration, which has turned our nation into the poverty capital of the world, instead of seeking ways to stimulate the economy, is worsening the situation with an increase in fuel price.
What Nigerians expect of the Buhari Presidency at this critical time is to save resources by immediately cutting the size of its over-bloated government, recover the over N14 trillion oil money stolen under its watch and channel the funds towards the wellbeing of Nigerians.
Our party therefore charges the APC and its administration to immediately reverse the pump price of fuel to a price not exceeding N90 per liter, given the prevailing templates in the price of crude oil in the international market.
National Publicity Secretary
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- #bbnaija2020: Dorathy Becomes First Female Housemate To do this
- Ondo 2020: Mass Defection Looms In PDP As Aggrieved Leaders Meet Akeredolu
- More Revelations Why Dogara Dumps PDP For APC
- Betta Edu Gets Federal Government Award
- BREAKING: 601 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated To Communities
Share this post with your Friends on