Peace Hyde has weighed in on the controversy generated after H&M featured a black child model whose hair was not styled.
A number of people called out the clothing retail company for not styling the black girl’s hair the way they would a white child’s hair before a photoshoot.
But Peace Hyde does not agree that there’s a reason for an outrage and she took to Instagram to share what she thinks about H&M and the black child model.
Sharing a photo of the beautiful model, the host of Forbes Africa’s My Worst Day wrote:
N A T U R A L • B E A U T Y..
I see a BEAUTIFUL black girl with a pulled back bun of her LOVELY, natural hair. –
Anyone seeing anything negative in this picture, must understand that THEY are the source of the NEGATIVITY. They are projecting negative anti-black ideas on HOW her hair grows NATURALLY. It’s fixed ALREADY! –
I hear people encouraging us to “EMBRACE OUR NATURAL SELVES”…well, THIS is NATURAL. Stop picking and choosing what’s considered appropriate hair for AFRICAN or AFRICAN AMERICANS just because she’s posted on H&M. EITHER embrace ALL natural images or STOP complaining when others don’t! What did you expect? A lace frontal with baby hairs? ???? –
What are YOUR THOUGHTS? –
#EVERYBlackIsBeautiful#SheHasBetterEdgesThanMe#SheLooksLikeEveryYoungBeautifulBlackGirl#APieceOfPeace #TheJourney #Peace??
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution