A truck fully loaded with Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, also known as petrol, has exploded and caught fire in Ogun State.
The fuel laden tanker, DAILY POST learnt, mysteriously went up in flames where it was parked overnight.
The incident, it was gathered, occurred at the median, by Kwyakyama axis, after Ogere toll gate, along the Ogun State portion of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement (TRACE) corps, Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the incident.
Akinbiyi said the incident, on Wednesday, necessitated the diversion of traffic inbound Ibadan into Iperu town, enroute Saapade to Ibadan.
He said that, “Rescue operations are ongoing by TRACE Corps, FRSC, Police and the Fire Service.” adding that no casualty has been recorded.
No reason has been given for the sudden explosion of the tanker.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution