Philip Shaibu, the Edo State Deputy Governor, on Thursday revealed why Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, insisted on Direct Primary Election in picking the party’s governorship candidate.
Shaibu alleged that Oshiomhole insisted on a direct primary in Edo State because he has already written the result.
In a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Benjamin Atu, the Deputy governor claimed that the APC National Chairman was trying to usurp the powers of the State Governor, Godwin Obaseki.
The APC National Chairman is insisting on Direct Primary Election because the result of the yet to be conducted election is already written by him, just waiting to be announced.
“The State is sovereign but not enjoying its sovereignty because some few people are determined to ruin the State by hand twisting the government and Governor as a stooge.
“What the APC National Chairman is doing is trying to usurp the powers of the State Governor by thinking and making decisions for the Government of Edo State.
“John Oyegun was the former Governor of Edo State and he didn’t usurp Oshiomhole’s power in the name of an ex-Governor. Oshiomhole is not the first ex-Governor in Nigeria. He should give the people and the government of Edo State peace to enable them reason collectively together.
Obaseki is currently the Governor of Edo State and his office must be respected because we can only have one governor at a time. He has spoken and there is no going back on the indirect primary. Direct Primary will heighten COVID-19 transmission and infection at the community stage and the State is not ready for such an emergency.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021