By Egbara Emmanuel Ikaba
Cross River State has planted more than 1 million trees in a day, in what is believe is a National record.
The executive Governor of Cross River State , Senator Benedict Ayade is leading the project, which aims to counter the effects of deforestation and climate change in the State.
Public offices have been shut down to allow civil servants to take part.
The Governor launched the tree-planting Carnival as part of his Green Legacy Initiative, which is taking place across the 18 Local Government Areas of the State.
Promotional videos have run on state media urging the public to plant and care for trees.
All Former Commisioners, Special Advisers and Assistants in Cross River State have also been taking part in the exercise.
So far, the tree planting idea has laudably helped in furthering the administration’s green revolution campaign geared towards mitigating the challenging issues of Global Warming and Climate Change
Governor Benedict Ayade’s administration has made vital progress in this regard.
The State is successfully combating the menace of erosion and other ecological problems through tree planting campaign which is taking place simultaneously in several locations across the State with individuals and organizations mobilized to be part of the event.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group