The World Health Organization (WHO) has revealed that over 800,000 die every year due to complications resulting from pneumonia worldwide.
The apex global health institution on Wednesday gave the frightening figure on the preventable respiratory infectious disease as part of measures to reawaken the consciousness of the public on the need to take precautions against pneumonia.
“Pneumonia is the single largest infectious cause of death worldwide,” WHO disclosed.
Meanwhile, findings showed that Nigeria is among countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a high burden of Pneumonia where the lung-related disease is one of the leading causes of under-five mortality in this group.
According to WHO, pneumonia can be prevented by; immunization, adequate nutrition, reducing exposure to indoor air pollution, improving housing conditions and avoid smoking near children.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement