The Sokoto state police command arrested no fewer than 26 persons including eight members of Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) for alleged public disturbance in the state.
Ibrahim Kaoje, the state commissioner of Police, told newsmen on Friday, Spetember 13th in Sokoto that the suspects were apprehended at various locations in the state. He said that on September 10, the proscribed Islamic Movement of Nigeria popularly known as Shiites, defied the Federal Government order and came to celebrate Ashura.
“They came out in Illela Local Government Area to observe Ashura festival of which they attacked Police and forcefully collected an AK47 rifle from a Police officer. On receipt of the information, the police attached to Illela division trailed the IMN members, arrested eight of them and recovered the rifle,” he said.
He said the command also arrested two suspects, Saifullahi Aminu and Yusuf Maidamma for alleged criminal conspiracy, trafficking in woman and culpable homicide. Kaoje added that the command also apprehended one Baito Na’alti of Dalijan village, Kebbe Local Government Area, and his gang members following series of complaints of armed robbery and kidnapping against them.
According to him, the gang members which includes; Kiruwa Shehu, Nura Manu, Muhammadu Dangwanki, Nyako Male, Danairi Kebbe and Lawali Gairi conspired with Na’alti to commit various crimes.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution