POLICE ARREST ACTIVIST DEJI ADEYANJU FOR MURDER
The police in Abuja have detained Deji Adeyanju as soon as extra, his associates have suggested PREMIUM TIMES.
A message from Ariyo-Dare Atoye, a long-time pal of Mr Adeyanju, talked about the political activist was arrested after 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
It was learnt that the police are demanding to find out the conclusion of a murder trial involving Mr Adeyanju inside the mid and late 2000s.
“They are holding him at the Inspector-General of Police Monitoring Unit over a murder case from his university days,” Mr Atoye talked about.
“Even though it is true that he was arrested and charged for murder when he was a student of Bayero University Kano, we are very sure that he was discharged and acquitted in the case,” Mr Atoye talked about.
Mr Adeyanju was on the unit, which was particularly established to cope with explicit extreme crimes ranging from kidnapping to armed theft, to retrieve the ultimate of his three mobile phone items which the police seized from him when he was first arrested on November 28.
As of 9:30 p.m., Mr Atoye talked about he had contacted attorneys on behalf of Mr Adeyanju.
“The police said he jumped bail in 2005 and are asking for him to provide the certified true copy of the case in order to establish that he was indeed discharged,” Mr Atoye added. “We find this extremely embarrassing for our country, but we would try and get the copies tomorrow.”
Mr Adeyanju spent four years in jail between 2005 and 2009 after he was arrested with three others on murder prices whereas a scholar of Bayero University.
Festus Keyamo, a rights lawyer and current advertising and marketing marketing campaign spokesperson for President Muhammadu Buhari, defended Mr Adeyanju and the three others. One of the other three was Musa Daura, talked about to be a relative of Mamman Daura, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew.
“I represented Deji Adeyanju in the matter from 2005 until 2009, and I can tell you categorically that he was not only discharged but also acquitted,” Mr Keyamo suggested PREMIUM TIMES by telephone Thursday night time time.
Mr Keyamo talked about he represented Mr Adeyanju on a pro-bono (free) basis on the time, buoyed largely by his longstanding curiosity in serving to varsity college students from approved dilemma.
“Immediately I heard he was a student, I picked up the case and by the grace of God we won it and he was discharged and acquitted,” Mr Keyamo emphasised.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- You Have No Future With APC — Omini Urges Nigerians To Move To PDP
- JUST IN!! 356 Soldiers Tender Resignation To Buratai, Cite Loss Of Interest
- BREAKING!! Nigeria To Go On Total Lockdown Till November 2020 (Read Details)
- Detain Magu For 28 Days — Fayose Tells Presidential Panel
- Apply Now: Nigeria Police Begins Recruitment
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on