Earlier this morning (Sept.23) Manchester Airport railway station was evacuated and a naked man was arrested after a bomb squad were called to deal with a suspicious package at the Airport.
Unconfirmed reports suggested the incident may have been triggered by a naked man running around close to the airport.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said a man had been detained at the scene, adding that a controlled explosion had been carried out.
A subsequent statement said: “The majority of road closures that were put in place as enquiries were carried out by officers at Manchester Airport transport interchange have now been lifted and traffic is returning to normality.
A small scene remains in place in the ground floor area of the coach station as officers continue with enquiries.”
Trams, trains and buses are currently suspended to and from the airport interchange, police said.
Earlier, at 9.36am, one Twitter user posted: “At #Manchesterairport just heard an explosion.
“Hopefully a controlled one as seems to be suspect package found.
A statement issued by Manchester Piccadilly railway station’s official Twitter feed at 10.56am said: “Please be aware that while Manchester Airport Station has now reopened, train services will take a short while to return to normal.
“Please check with station staff and the information screens for the latest services.”
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line