A 57-year-old prophet, Ebenezer Ogunmefun, has been arrested and arraigned before an Ogun State Chief Magistrates’ Court sitting in Abeokuta for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl whose mother took to his church for spiritual cleansing.
While being arraigned on a one-count charge of sexual abuse, the police prosecutor, Inspector Moshood Hammed, told the court that the clergyman who resides at No. 1 Prof. Ajibo Toluca Pioneer Street, Olomore area, Abeokuta, told the victim’s mother that she was possessed by evil spirits and needed to be cleansed thoroughly.
The clergyman allegedly made the victim swear by the bible never to tell anyone he raped her.
The police prosecutor said the offense contravened Section 33 of the Child Rights Law of Ogun State, 2006. The clergyman pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The presiding Chief Magistrate, Solomon Banwo, granted the clergyman bail in the sum N750,000 with two sureties in like sum.
The Magistrate ordered that one of the sureties must be the defendant’s spouse and the other must be a community leader.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022