By our correspondent, Calabar.
The Cross River State Police command has paraded one Pastor Hossana Okoi of Gate of Testimony Church Sierra Leon for allegedly raping a lady.
Parading the suspects, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Austin Agbonlahor, said Pastor Okoi had claimed that his church was located in Sierra Leone and that he was arrested after a lady reported to the police that a pastor, who was supposed to pray for her had raped her and threatened her with a gun not to report the incident.
The victim had reported that the pastor raped her in an uncompleted building while showing her around a site he intends to open a branch of the church in Nigeria.
However, Pastor Okoi told reporters during an interview that he was framed up by the lady in question. He said, “I am a Nigerian but I am the pastor of Gate of Testimony Church based in Sierra Leone.
“I came to Nigeria and I met the lady, who said she was going to a wedding. I did not know her from Adam, but I offered to take her there and gave her N500 to drink water.
“Later, we met at a joint and we drank and that is all that happened. I did not take her to anywhere and I don’t know why she decided to frame me up that I raped her in an uncompleted building.
The Commissioner of police assured that a thorough investigation will be carried out including medical examination to ascertain the rape claim.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group