Policeman dies as burning six-storey building collapses on him after being drunk in Lagos
The front section of the six-storey building gutted by fire on Tuesday in Lagos Island has collapsed, killing a policeman at the scene, reports the News Agency of Nigeria.
NAN reports that part of the six-storey building located at 43, Martins Street, Lagos Island, collapsed around 8:30p.m. on Tuesday as firemen continued spirited efforts at extinguishing the inferno.
NAN reports that part of the burning building collapsed on the policeman, severely injuring him while trying to control the surging crowd.
Confirming the death, Special Adviser to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Lagos Central Business District, Mr. Olanrewaju Elegushi, told NAN that the policeman died in hospital following injuries sustained in the building collapse.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution