A policeman has shot lifeless an election observer in Umuida neighborhood, Enugu Ezike, Igbo-Eze north native authorities space of Enugu state.
The observer whose identification is but to be ascertained was shot within the head by the police officer stationed near the residence of Ayogu Eze, governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) within the state.
Ebere Amarizu, spokesman of the Enugu police command, confirmed the incident to journalists.
He attributed it to “accidental discharge”.
The observer was first taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Enugu Ezike earlier than he was transferred to a different hospital in Enugu city.
The man was stated to have had a confrontation with the policeman at a polling unit metres away from Eze’s residence.
Patrick Egwu, a journalist primarily based in Enugu, advised TheCable APC supporters and brokers on the polling unit the place the observer was killed, confronted journalists and observers.
There is palpable rigidity inside the space following safety reinforcement from the military and police.
Eze had requested his supporters to boycott the election after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declined his request for the election to be postponed.
He had requested for extra time to marketing campaign as a result of his candidature was confirmed by the court two days in the past.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager