Pope Francis has given his endorsement to same-sex civil unions despite the Catholic church’s teaching on homosexuality.
According to the Catholic News Agency, the religious leader delivered the historic remark in ‘Francesco’, a new documentary on his life and ministry, which premiered at the Rome film festival on Wednesday.
He also called gay Catholics “children of God” and said they should not be thrown out from the religion.
“Homosexuals have a right to be a part of the family. They’re children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out, or be made miserable because of it,” he was quoted to have said.
“What we have to create is a civil union law. That way they are legally covered. I stood up for that.”
Although, the pope has previously hinted his support of same-sex marriages, this would be the first time he will be giving it a full endorsement.
– The Cable
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health