The federal authorities has closed its case towards Walter Onnoghen, suspended chief justice of Nigeria (CJN).
The authorities closed after calling three witnesses to the stand.
At the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on Thursday, Aliyu Umar, counsel to the federal government, introduced that they closed the case although they’d initially listed six witnesses.
Umar stated the three different witnesses may nonetheless be referred to as to the stand if the defence desires to cross-examine them.
“I have called three witnesses. If the defence needs them, I can call the other three,” the lawyer stated.
Responding, Adeboyega Awomolo, counsel to Onnoghen, rejected the provide.
“I don’t want them, I don’t want them,” he stated.
Awomolo then knowledgeable the tribunal that they intend to file a no-case submission however they would wish time to put in writing an deal with.
“We intend to take advantage of section 303 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 on no-case submission,” he stated.
“If your lordship permits me to write a written address. I’m praying to be given proceedings of 18th and today.”
Thereafter, Danladi Umar, CCT chairman, ordered Awomolo to serve his deal with on the prosecution on Wednesday.
Umar then mounted March 29 as day counsels would undertake their addresses.
Onnoghen is standing trial on a six-count cost bordering on false asset declaration.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021