Presidency speaks on Buhari sidelining Osinbajo in governance
The Presidency has dismissed claims that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had been sidelined following President Muhammadu Buhari’s inauguration of an Economic Advisory Team (EAC) to replace the Economic Management Team (EMT).
While the EMT was headed by Osinbajo, the newly constituted EAC will report directly to President Buhari.
Speaking as a guest on Channels TV’s Politics Today, on Wednesday, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said all that the president had done particularly this week was just to “tweak governance and get the best for Nigerians”.
He also maintained that the presidency remains one and that there’s been too much suspicion and different kinds of inferences which he believes are only aimed at driving a wedge between both the President and the Vice President.
“The Vice President is the number two man in the country. the new economic advisory body can also relate with the Vice President as necessary.
“It’s just some Nigerians who want to drive a wedge between the President and the VP, that read meanings into everything and insinuate but there’s no need for that,” he said.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House
- COVID-19: Kwara Deputy Governor, Kayode Alabi And His Wife, Abieyuwa Test Positive
- Show Us Your Primary School Leaving Certificate If You Actually Went To School – PDP Challenges Oshiomhole
- Schools Ready, Safe To Reopen, Says Government
- SENSE OR TRASH?? Stop Buying Your Kids What You Never Had – Man Advises Parents
Share this post with your Friends on