President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and dismay over the killing of Paul Offu, a Reverend Father in Enugu State, and ordered a thorough manhunt for the killers and their immediate prosecution.
In a statement by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Saturday, the president condoled with the Catholic Church over the killing of the Priest in charge of St. James Greater Parish Catholic Church, Ugbawka in Enugu State.
The president commiserated with government and people of Enugu State, Mr Offu’s family, members of the parish and all Christians.
While describing the killing of the priest as “barbaric and unwarranted’’, Mr Buhari assured the Catholic Church and all Nigerians that the fight against “lawlessness and recklessness’’ would be intensified.
Mr Buhari maintained that security of lives and property would continue to top his priorities.
“The entire nation is shaken by the horrible assassination of this priest.
”The administration will continue to guarantee the freedom of religion and protect places of worship as well as the lives of citizens wherever they live,” he added.
He further directed the law enforcement agencies to act swiftly in their investigations and bring the perpetrators of the “horrific crime’’ to book.
The president called on all religious leaders to pray for peace, healing, and security of the country.
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line