President Buhari’s Defence Minister Tells Security Agents To Stop Killing Armed Bandits, Says They’re Innocent
Bashir Magashi, Minister of Defence, has said he does not support the idea of killing bandits.
Magashi was quoted in a Tweet on Thursday by Lauretta Onochie, aide to President Muhammadu Buhari on social media, as saying that armed bandits should not be killed.
According to Onochie, the defence minister stated that bandits are innocent until proven guilty.
Onochie quoted the Defense Minister in the tweeted as saying that; “I don’t share the idea of killing bandits. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
“But if we see a bandit, armed with dangerous weapons, his surroundings will be cleared along with him.
“We cannot just watch them kill us without responding.”
See Tweet Below
I dont share d idea of killing bandits. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty
But if we see a bandit, armed with dangerous weapons, his surroundings will be cleared along with him
We cannot just watch them kill us without responding.
-Gen. Bashir Magashi
Hon Min. Of Defence
— Lauretta Onochie (@Laurestar) April 22, 2021
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution