Weetalknaija Daily Post can authoritavely report that, President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed the details of the discussion he once had with the US president, Donald Trump, over the killing of Christians in the country.
Speaking in Abuja on Tuesday, at the First Year Ministerial Performance Review Retreat of his second term, Buhari noted he is the only African amongst the least developed countries that Trump invited in the White House, Daily Post reports.
He said the American president asked him to explain why he is killing Christians in Nigeria.
I believe I was about the only African amongst the least developed countries that Trump invited and when I was in his office, only myself and himself, only God is a witness, he looked at me in the face and said, ‘Why are you killing Christians?” Buhari said.
“I wondered if it were you, I wondered how you will react. I hope what I was feeling inside did not betray me before him. So, I understood it.
“The problem between cattle rearers and farmers has been happening for a long time. And there was climate change and population growth.
“I tried to explain to him that it has nothing to do with ethnicity or religion. It is a cultural thing which respective leaderships failed the nation.”
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company