The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) says President Muhammadu Buhari is turning blind eye to corruption within his administration.
In its five-year assessment report of the achievements and gaps in the anti-corruption programme of the president, the organisation said “malfeasance” by some presidential appointees are being overlooked.
Idayat Hassan, CDD director, said the assessment report showed that Buhari’s administration is also battling with declining fiscal transparency.
“In the first place, the five year assessment situates anti-corruption as a signature issue around which President Buhari has built a personal political brand, making it the major plank on which he won the historic election of 2015,” the organisation said.
The CDD said the Buhari administration has failed to curb defence and security corruption.
– The Cable
- Landmark University Recruitment 2021 & Jobs Vacancies (5 Positions)
- Management Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Graduate Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360