President Muhammadu Buhari, as Visitor to the University of Lagos has constituted a Visitation Panel to look into the crisis in the university.
In a news report monitored on NTA Network news at 9pm on Friday August 21, 2020, the President took the following additional decisions:
1. The Panel is to submit its report within two weeks.
2. The Pro-Chancellor, Dr Wale Babalakin, SAN and the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, have been suspended from office as they are both to recuse themselves from performing their functions in office during the period of the Visitation.
3. The Senate is to convene urgently and appoint an Acting Vice-Chancellor for the university.
With this decision, the President has sacked the Acting Vice-Chancellor purportedly appointed by the Babalakin-led Council.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021