President Muhammadu Buhari has said that over N800 billion looted funds have been recovered in the country’s fight against corruption.
President Buhari said this on Friday in his Democracy Day speech, adding that the anti-corruption agencies have also secured more than 1400 convictions.
He said the recovered sums are being “ploughed into development and infrastructure projects.”
He stated that government has “continued to implement accountability and transparent policies through the Open Government Partnership and the transparency portal on financial transactions,” while also strengthening auditing and accountability mechanisms to ensure that “rules and regulations are followed strictly.”
Buhari noted also said that Nigeria’s economy was already making steady progress until the COVID-19 pandemic set in and disrupted the gains.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group