President Muhammadu Buhari has said that over N800 billion looted funds have been recovered in the country’s fight against corruption.
President Buhari said this on Friday in his Democracy Day speech, adding that the anti-corruption agencies have also secured more than 1400 convictions.
He said the recovered sums are being “ploughed into development and infrastructure projects.”
He stated that government has “continued to implement accountability and transparent policies through the Open Government Partnership and the transparency portal on financial transactions,” while also strengthening auditing and accountability mechanisms to ensure that “rules and regulations are followed strictly.”
Buhari noted also said that Nigeria’s economy was already making steady progress until the COVID-19 pandemic set in and disrupted the gains.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement