Put Pressure On UK To Release Diezani To Face Trial — EFCC Boss Begs Nigerians In Diaspora
The Acting Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu has asked Nigerians in Diaspora to put pressure on the United Kingdom to release former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Allison Madueke, to face trial over alleged corruption in Nigeria.
Magu, who made the plea during a Virtual Town Hall Meeting with Nigerians in Diaspora, anchored in London by the Host/Moderator of the group, Prince Ade Omole assured Nigerians in the diaspora of business protection at home, stressing that local fraudsters frustrating diasporans from investing in Nigeria would henceforth be dealt with.
According to him, the EFCC is aware of the frustration, uncertainties and risks, local fraudsters are posing to credible businessmen and women abroad, who wish to invest in the Nigerian economy. ” The EFCC is ready to offer intelligence services to anyone seeking genuine business partners in Nigeria, “, he said.
“The profiles of potential business partners in Nigeria would be obtained and delivered to the foreign- based investors and this would assist them in taking decisions on whom to partner with locally. “We can also offer intelligence on any line of business desired by the Nigerian in the diaspora. We are ready to do all these to encourage credible and serious investors who do not want to be defrauded by fraudsters at home”.
Magu expressed displeasure over the continued difficulties being faced by the EFCC to bring former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison- Madueke to trial, stressing that Nigerians in the United Kingdom should form pressure groups to demand her trial.
He said: ” Nigerians in the United Kingdom need to collaborate with the EFCC more and pressure the authorities there to assist the EFCC in bringing Diezani to trial. “Does it not bother Nigerians in that country that Diezani has not been brought to trial for the heinous allegations of corruption against her in Nigeria? he asked. ”
The public ownership of the fight against corruption should not be limited to Nigerians at home; we must all come forward, wherever we are, to insist that corrupt practices must not continue, ” he said.
- Factory Workers needed at Mikado Nigeria Limited
- Primary School Teacher Needed at Loyola Academy
- Vacancies for Subject / Classroom Teachers at Eminentville Schools Port Harcourt –14 Positions
- Front Desk Officer at Amaget Online Store
- Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited recruitment for HR / Admin & Executive Assistant
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Ekpenyong Seeks Partnership With Calabar Municipal Council On Effective Healthcare Delivery
- COVID-19: SON Commends C/River Govt For Production of Personal Protective Equipment
- Just Now: Ondo APC Chairman Dumps Party, Joins PDP
- BREAKING!! Ondo APC Chairman Dumps Party, Defect To PDP
- BREAKING!! President Buhari Confirms Magu’s Suspension
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on