Quit Notice: Tension As Group Gives Igbo 7 Days To Leave Calabar
Nka Ikemesit Mkparawa Essien Efik Duob-Eba, a faction allegedly based in the Obong of Calabar’s palace, has given the Head of the Igbo Community in Calabar seven days to leave or face consequences.
According to the DAILY POST, the order was given on Thursday and addressed to Eze Ndigbo, the chief of the Ndibo Group.
DAILY POST was issued with a statement signed by Chairman Ekpo Ekeng, Vice Chairman Adim Ekpenyong Adim, Secretary Ekpenyong Bassey Ekpenyong, and Assistant Secretary Christy Edem Bassey Edem.
The Obong of Calabar was allegedly insulted by the Eze Ndigbo, according to the party.
The Igbo community’s chief has been accused of pretending to be the Obong of Calabar although he is not.
“For insulting the Obong of Calabar, naming yourself or claiming to be the Obong of Calabar, we give you seven days to leave the town when the Obong of Calabar is on the throne,” the party raged.
The incident reportedly occurred on the 27th of March, 2021, at the University of Calabar, during the award ceremony for Innoson Motors.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group