Ramatu Aliyu, minister of state for the federal capital territory (FCT), has called for castration of persons convicted of rape.
Aliyu made the call while presenting palliatives to the FCT chapters of the National Council of Women Societies (NCWS), Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Nigeria Football Association of Coaches.
She said the punishment will serve as a deterrent to others, adding that the FCT administration is working closely with security agencies and the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) to push for serious institutional framework that would ensure justice is served.
Aliyu also appealed to the leaders of the groups to ensure that the palliative items reach the vulnerable.
– The Cable
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group