Controversial Nigerian musician, Azeez Fashola better known by his stage name, Naira Marley will be back in court in October 22nd for the commencement of his fraud trial.
The singer was arrested on his birthday, March 10th 2019 by operatives of the EFCC on allegations of advance fee scam and related cyber crimes.
After his arrest, the anti-graft agency filed 11 charges against Naira Marley bordering on alleged cybercrime and identity theft. The alleged crimes were in contravention of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act and the Cyber Crimes Act, which the artiste risks seven years in jail if found guilty.
The charges with suit number FHC/L/178C/19 were filed before a Lagos State High Court. 10 days after his arrest, Naira Marley was arraigned before Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos.
He was however granted bail on May 30th but he remained in custody for another two weeks as he couldn’t fulfil his bail condions on time which at the time was ‘the sum of N2m, two sureties in like sum. The judge also said one of the sureties must be a civil servant not below Grade Level 10 and must own a landed property in Lagos State.
The judge directed the EFCC to verify the bail terms and adjourned until October 22 for commencement of trial.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )