The 2018 People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential primaries revealed something beautiful about Saraki not known to many.
All the 12 contestants who made the bid for the chance to lift the party’s flag in the presidential election were very competent individuals in their own right.
Dr Bukola Saraki attracted the longest and loudest ovations from Nigerians and if the choice of the flag bearer was based on the loudest cheers, Saraki would have emerged as the president of Nigeria today.
Undoubtedly, Saraki ran the best innovative and colorful media campaign.
During his campaign tour to familiarize himself with PDP delegates in each state of the federation, Saraki deliberately stayed away from the following states : Sokoto, Kano, Gombe and Adamawa.
Why would he do something like that?
Was he afraid to visit those states?
How could anyone hoping to become the president of Nigeria not campaign in Kano, Sokoto, Gombe and Adamawa states?
You see, Dr Saraki stayed away from Sokoto as a mark of respect for Tambuwal his friend and former colleague.
He would not throw away years of friendship for politics.
He refused to go to Kano because of Rabiu Kwankwaso whom he respects as a blessing to Nigeria.
Dr Saraki looked away from Adamawa and Gombe because of Atiku Abubkar his former and Dankwambo his friend.
Yet, all those candidates were in Kwara to campaign.
Saraki was in Benue state because at that time, Sen David Mark was undecided.
He made all these sacrifices to show that politics is not a do-or-die affairs.
He valued the spirit of sportsmanship under any circumstance more than his personal interests.
When next someone tells you that Saraki is selfish, look him straight in the eyes and say, you lied.
Saraki makes politics look so beautiful and harmless.
He sacrificed his ambition for the good of others.
Nigeria should celebrate this icon of democracy.
Saraki exhibited unrivalled competence, character and courage.
He has the ability to match other world leaders, to understand and discuss the economy and political issues.
But, he sacrificed his ambition for his friends and colleagues, oh what a man!
At the moment, no analysis of the 2018 Party primaries would be complete without the mention of Saraki.
Under every consideration, he was a front-runner. It was clearly a race for Saraki, a race he could have won effortlessly
In the view of many, Saraki remains the best presidential material in the country.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020