Real Madrid have issued a statement, denying claims Thibaut Courtois was substituted at half time of their Champions League group stage clash with Club Brugge due to anxiety.
Manager Zinedine Zidane replaced Courtois with Alphonse Areola at the break with Madrid 2-0 down at half time and Los Blancos recovered to draw 2-2.
Zidane’s action led to speculations, which the Spanish club has sought to clear up in an official statement.
It read: “In relation to various reports regarding our player Thibaut Courtois, Real Madrid would like to clarify the following:
“At no point was our player diagnosed with anxiety and, therefore, the reports are completely false.
“That Thibaut Courtois in fact was diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis with dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance, which made it impossible for him to finish the match on Tuesday against Brugge.
“The player is responding positively to treatment.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution