Football expert, Guillem Balague, has claimed that Real Madrid’s manager, Zinedine Zidane blocked Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen and Ajax’s Donny van de Beek from joining the club in the summer transfer window after the Los Blancos have agreed on personal terms with the two players.
According to Balague, Zidane stopped Eriksen and Van de Beek from joining Real Madrid because he was only interested in Manchester United’s midfielder, Paul Pogba.
Speaking ahead of Real Madrid’s UEFA Champions League opener against Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night, Balague told BBC: “Zidane’s obsession with bringing in compatriot Paul Pogba has not been pretty to witness, not least because Manchester United never had any intention of selling him and Perez never seemed that keen on actually buying the 26-year-old.
“The club had agreed terms with Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen and Ajax’s Donny van de Beek, but Zidane stopped the moves because Pogba was the midfielder he wanted.”
Balague added, “The reality is that Zidane and the club were hoping to sell Isco, Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez, but no offers were forthcoming.”
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited