The Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) otherwise known as Shitte said yesterday that all it requires from the federal government to stop its current agitation is the release of the incarcerated leader of the sect, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky and his wife, Zinat.
The group was reacting to its proscription on Friday by government through a court order.
Human rights lawyers, Mr. Femi Falana and Chief Mike Ozekhome both Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs) however slammed the federal government for its move against the sect.
The lawyers dismissed the government action as illegal and immoral.
Reviewing the development yesterday, spokesman for the IMN Ibrahim Musa said the incarcerated couple should be released for them to take care of their damaged health.
He pleaded for the support of the international community for the group.
“We hope the international community will put more pressure on the government. Our major demand is for them to release our leader to go and look after his health,” he told Channels TV
“If they do this; all our agitations, especially on the streets of Abuja will meltdown.”
He also said that members of the group and their lawyers are currently studying the court order with a view to reacting appropriately.
But he was also quick to say it was absurd for the Federal Government to proscribe the group.
– The Nation
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom