A 36 year old woman, Calicia Williams, from Florida, has been arrested by police and given four counts of attempted murder after she told her four children to remove their seat belts, told them ‘the devil can’t hurt you’ and then claimed her husband used voodoo on her, which she was protecting her children from.
According to Williams, she did this in an attempt to protect her kids from the devil and investigators say she drove her white Pontiac minivan at a “high rate of speed” onto a grass median and directly into tree, without braking.
Investigators also revealed that she targeted the passenger side of the cars when approaching the tree, and wore seatbelts upon impact, but told her children to remove their seat belts.
According to Foxnews.com, when called to the crime scene, police found four young children, ages 7 to 13, inside the car without seatbelts while she was “making spontaneous utterances”
According to a police affidavit, Williams said that her “husband put a hex on her and caused her to crash.” and she kept “rambling on about spells and voodoo.”
Witnesses on the scene also told investigators that Williams advised the children to take off their seatbelts before stretching out her hands and ‘praying’,
“The devil can’t hurt you, he only hurts bad people. You have the light of Jesus in you and only Jesus can cure us.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021