As students in exiting classes prepare to resume for academic activities nationwide on Monday, August 3, the Ogun state government has mandated all students in boarding houses to undergo Malaria and COVID-19 tests as that would make them admissible into their boarding houses.
In a statement released today August 1, Ronke Soyombo, the Special Adviser to the governor on Primary and Secondary Education, said all boarding students must stay in school hostels only as private hostels would not be allowed to accommodate students in order to ensure effective monitoring. Read the statement below
As part of the frantic efforts of the State Government to ensure a safe learning academic atmosphere for both learners and teachers of all our public and private schools particularly amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and as instructed by NCDC, all Principals of schools (private and public ) in Ogun State are hereby instructed to inform and update all SS3 learners on the following instructions;
1. That ALL the returning boarding students are to stay in the school hostels only
2. That parents are hereby advised that private hostels are exempted from accommodating students during this period to ensure strict compliance with NCDC directives.
READ ALSO:COVID-19:Private Varsities Give Update On School Reopening,Set To Resume
3. That the Ogun State Ministry of Health has made provision for a COVID-19 and MALARIA TEST for all SS3 BOARDING students in Ogun State as part of the conditions for the re-opening of schools in the under listed Public Health Care facilities between Friday 31st July and Monday 3rd August, 2020
(a) Abeokuta : The 250 MTR, Okemosan, Abeokuta (A white edifice opposite the State Secretariat)
(b) Ado-Odo Ota : Ogun State General Hospital, Ota.
(c) Sagamu : Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu
4. That part of the strong condition of admittance to school for boarding students is the COVID-19 CERTIFICATE showing NEGATIVE
To this end, all Principals are therefore directed to immediately disseminate the above important information to all SS3 learners in the State and to ensure that the above instructions are strictly adhered to as sanctions will be meted out to any defaulting school.
E – signed
Mrs Ronke Soyombo
S A on Primary and Secondary Education
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021