Reports have it that several youths in Nigeria against all odds are considering taking to the street of Lagos and Abuja to begin another wave of protest. The youths also said that this time, they won’t be intimidated by both government and security agencies that might be deployed to stand in its way.
Weetalknaija.com.ng gathered that the decision for the planned protest by the youths was borne out of government’s perceived clampdown on some prominent members of the #ENDSARS campaign, as their bank accounts were frozen by the apex bank, CBN, on Friday. It was also learnt that some members of the endsars campaign were not allowed to travel out of the country.
It was gathered that a federal high court Judge had ordered the bank accounts of no fewer than 23 members of the ENDSARS campaign to be frozen for a period of 90 days pending the outcome of investigation and inquiry currently being conducted by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Several Nigerians including the President of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Olumide Akpata, and Activist and public commentator, Aisha Yesufu, have taken to social media to express their displeasure on the decision taken by authorities to have their account frozen.
Meanwhile, youths are demanding the immediate release of the international passports seized from some prominent members of the campaign, saying the government may be calling for another massive protest if it did not yield to their demand.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022