According to the Police Public Relations Officer of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, Yusuf Mariam, the Police Force has arrested the drunken policeman in the viral video.
He was said to be arrested during the incident with the direction of one of the eyewitnesses who was shouting that the incident happened at Central Bank of Nigeria’s junction around 4:00p.m.
In a viral video on Saturday, residents were seen pouring water on the police officer, who sat by the roadside.
Giving an update yesterday, Mariam said: “Following the viral video of the ‘drunk policeman’ at CBN Junction, the FCT Police Command has identified, arrested, and taken into custody the police inspector shown in the video.
“Furthermore, the Commissioner of Police, CP Bala Ciroma, has ordered that the police officer be subjected to psychological and medical evaluation, preparatory to the commencement of disciplinary actions against him.
“In view of the above, the Commissioner of Police wishes to state that the behaviour portrayed by the policeman in the video does not depict the standard discipline of the Nigeria Police Force. While urging residents to remain calm, the command wishes to reiterate its unflinching commitment to the protection of lives and property in the Federal Capital Territory.”
However, the incident has initiated a lot of comments from Nigerians stating how a security officer turned himself to a mess all in the name of alcohol.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited