Family sources in Calabar, Cross River State, have early today confirmed the kidnap of a 65-year old retired headmistress, Nnene Ekanem Effiong by unidentified persons.
Ndem Effiong, brother to the victim disclosed that his elder sister who resides in Calabar, “was kidnapped yesterday, Saturday, at about 8pm from her residence, No. 3 Navy Road, Off Atimbo Crescent, Calabar. The kidnappers used a Volkswagen Vento car and were brandishing AK 47 rifles and other guns.”
The single mother of five, was then whisked away to an unknown destination while “several distress calls to the Airport Division of the Police, while this operation lasted, were unattended to” according to Effiong. “We are worried stiff and are appealing to whoever took her to have pity on us and return her”, he concluded.
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Guest Services Associate at Marriott Hotels and Resorts
- Logistics Officer at YellowPoint Group
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer at Save the Children
- State Technical Advisor at Chemonics International
- MoneyGram recruitment for a Regional Compliance Officer
- Supervisory Human Resources Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos