We Will Demolish Any Hotel Operating During Lockdown — Wike
Governor Nyesom Wike has charged the Rivers state COVID-19 task force to identify hotels still operating during the lockdown for the state government to demolish them.
Inaugurating the task force at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Thursday, May 7, Governor Wike also charged them to identify erring beer parlours.
“From tomorrow, move in. Any hotel that is operating, identify it and we will bring down the hotels.
“I have the political will. Those people who disobey will face the consequences.”
He said the task-force must be decisive to ensure that coronavirus is not accommodated in Rivers state.
Governor Wike reminded them that they are being drafted to fight an invisible enemy and their duty is to defend Rivers people.
“Nobody should come from outside to compound our problems. Then you want to import this invisible killer. We will not allow that.”
He appealed to Rivers people to make sacrifices at this time in the fight against coronavirus. He noted that this is a period of crisis and all hands must be on deck to check coronavirus.
“If we allow what is happening to continue, we don’t have the capacity to face it. And there will be no support from any quarter,” he said.
The governor said hotels with existing guests must send their lists to his office for scrutiny and approval.
Meanwhile, the African Action Congress (AAC) has warned that the repatriation of almajiris across Nigeria is spreading the dreaded COVID-19.
The AAC in a statement sent to journalists on Thursday, May 7 and signed by its national chairman, Dr Leonard Nzenwa, called for the stoppage of the exercise, saying it increases the spread of COVID-19 across the country.
“The almajiris should be tested in the states they reside, if found positive should be quarantined and treated while the rest should be kept in a camp and efforts made to locate their parents who will identify and take them home.
“We must realize that these are fellow Nigerians who must be treated with compassion and dignity,” the party said.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Latest Job in Nigeria at Zetech Oil Services Nigeria Limited (5 Positions)
- Virgin Landmarts Limited Job Recruitment for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria today 2020 at Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Panafric Ocean & Energy Limited 2020 Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions )
- Job Vacancies at Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS), Abuja
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- OH NO!! Jobless Nigerian First Class Graduate Cries Out, Begs For Employment
- BREAKING!! Multiple Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri
- Eld-El-Kabir: Mike Etaba Greets Muslims, Calls For Unity
- Afenifere Tackles Mamman Daura Over Comments On 2023 Presidency
- BREAKING!! Uproar As Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on