Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, says the victory of Governor Godwin Obaseki at the Saturday’s governorship election in Edo State has permanently retired Oshiomhle from Edo politics.
Wike, who is the Chairman of PDP Campaign Council for Edo Governorship Election, thanked the people of the state for voting overwhelming for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during the election.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday declared Obaseki of the PDP re-elected in the Saturday’s poll after securing majority votes during the exercise adjudged to peace free and fair.
Obaseki polled 307,955 votes to defeat his closest rival and candidate of APC, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who garnered 223,619 votes.
Speaking shortly after INEC pronounced Obaseki as the winner of the governorship election at the Edo Government House, Benin, the Rivers governor commended PDP governors for ensuring that Edo remains a PDP state.
According to him, PDP victory in Edo is a destruction of godfatherism in Edo State politics.
He noted that Obaseki was the man God used to fight godfatherism.
“If for nothing we have achieved the dismantling of godfatherism in Edo politics. Edo people have spoken and say you cannot tie our fate in one man hands and that was what Edo people did yesterday”, Wike added
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health