Nyesom Wike, Governor of Rivers State has ordered the Immediate Deportation of All Almajiris and vagrants in Rivers State as measures to curtail the spread of Coronavirus in Rivers State.
The Governor in a State Wide Broadcast Said: ‘We have also directed the Commissioner of Social Welfare to round-up and deport all vagrants, including the almajiris, to their States of origin to protect our people from the threat they present to the transmission of this pandemic.’
The Governor also locked up some areas of the state on 24 Hours basis.
See Governor Wike Full Statement in a Statewide Broadcast:
My Dear Good People of Rivers State,
It gives me pleasure to address you, once again, on the state of our struggle against the transmission of COVID-19 in Rivers State.
2. As at yesterday, 26th April 2020, Rivers State had 6 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 2 fully recovered and discharged, 2 confirmed deaths, while 2 are active and presently receiving treatment in our isolation and treatment centre at Nchia General Hospital, Eleme.
3. The recent positive cases, in spite of the strategic measures we have put in place, are clear evidence of gradual increase in transmission of the virus, which has happened as a result of the actions of those who either chose to breach or sabotage our directives on lockdown and social distancing.
4. We consider the emerging trend as not only serious and risky, but also, one that compels us to step-up our strategies and prevent a spike in the transmission of the coronavirus in our State.
5. It is important to re-emphasize that, in the absence of any vaccine, the directives and restrictions we have imposed remain the only viable way to contend with the scourge, stop its spread and save the lives of our people.
6. While we are truly concerned with the economic consequences and the resultant suffering on our people, especially the vulnerable ones among us, we are more worried about the irreplaceable lives that we have lost and could still loose on account of this pandemic.
7. For this reason, we should all be prepared to go through more stringent measures.
Wike Orders Immediate Deportation Of All Almajiris In Rivers State
- Landmark University Recruitment 2021 & Jobs Vacancies (5 Positions)
- Management Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Graduate Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360