Nyesom Wike, governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers state, has prolonged his lead within the outcomes of the election to date introduced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
TheCable reported that Wike, incumbent governor, was successful with a margin of 296,424 votes after INEC resumed collation of election outcomes on Tuesday.
He had polled 426, 279 votes from 15 native authorities areas (LGAs), forward of Biokpomabo Awara, candidate of the African Alliance Congress (AAC), who garnered 129,855 votes.
The fee suspended the train on Tuesday night and when it resumed collation on Wednesday, the governor prolonged his lead with 601,423 votes after outcomes from 4 LGAs have been introduced.
While he polled 12,133 votes to Awara’s 5,071 in Degema LGA, the duo recorded 32,172 and 18,945 votes in Asari-Toru LGA respectively.
In Obio/Akpor LGA the place Wike hails from, he garnered as excessive as 281,164 votes as towards Awara’s 7,495 votes.
He additionally defeated the AAC candidate in Ogo/Bolo LGA the place he polled 11,855 votes whereas his rival acquired 814.
The AAC, whose deputy governorship candidate has since resigned, is being backed by Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), after his celebration did not qualify within the governorship election.
The collation centre has adjourned until 3pm, with outcomes from 4 LGAs left to be introduced
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021