Thieves reportedly invaded Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel, The Hardley Apartments positioned at Waziri Ibrahim Crescent on Victoria Island, Lagos and reportedly stole all his soccer medals, trophies, plaques, and completely different useful objects.
Kanu Nwankwo who learnt that his lodge which has been sealed up since 2015 sequel on account of an alleged default in transaction between it and Skye Bank (now Polaris Bank) was being occupied by some authorized people who had moreover commenced renovation of the facility in disregard of the seal order and litigation, was pressured to succeed in in Nigeria over the weekend to substantiate the claims.
The lodge has been by the use of sequence of litigation which stays to be pending on the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos, and it was gathered that the ultimate listening to received right here up in November remaining 12 months after which the case was adjourned till 31 January 2019.
“It was a rude shock to me,” Kanu, who fought once more tears at what the hitherto sprawling facility had grow to be given that renovation started, suggested TheCable.
“I almost couldn’t acknowledge the lodge as belonging to me anymore. This is the saddest day of my life as I am unable to understand why this happens to me when the matter has however to be settled in court docket.
“All the medals I have earned, in addition to the Olympic torch that I cherished are all gone and I don’t even know who to ask for all these prized assets.”
An individual who was seen supervising the illegal renovation, suggested The Cable’s correspondent that he is a staff of the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), leading to suspicion that the property managers may have moreover disregarded the court docket proceedings by taking on the property.
“This is unacceptable in all ramifications. I have not been served any notice that I have lost this property and until I am served the notice, it remains my legal property,” the earlier Super Eagles’ captain talked about.
“Even cars and buses belonging to the hotel can no longer be found and I wonder where they could have been moved to without my knowledge,”
Kanu extra talked about, similtaneously he lamented how the four-year seal of the facility had adversely affected treatment for fairly a couple of victims that his Kanu Heart Foundation consider to rescue from their ailment.
“We have used proceeds from the hotel business to effect treatment for the patients over the years and now we are being forced to seek funds elsewhere, a situation that has stalled the treatment considerably especially since 2016.”
An emotion-filled Kanu submitted: “During my service to this country in football up to the year 2000, I made many Nigerians happy. I don’t think I deserve this sadness in retirement.”
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders