Rubber stamp Judiciary? APC lawmaker sacked by Appeal court remains Kwara Assembly member — KHA Speaker
The Kwara State House of Assembly has stated that APC Lawmaker, Hon. Abdulazeez Hassan Elewu Oluwanilo sacked by Appeal Court remains recognized member of the 9th Assembly.
The KWHA Speaker, Rt Hon Salihu Yakubu Danladi in a swift reaction to story published by FactualTimes said Hon Abdulazeez Elewu is the only one with Certificate of Return for Ilorin South State Constituency.
The statement issued by his Media Aide, Sheriff Ibrahim said the house will continue to respect the rule of law.
The statement read:
Consequent upon the controversy generated over news reports about Hon. Abddulazeez Hassan Elewu, member representing Ilorin South constituency at the Kwara state House of Assembly, I will like to state as follows;
That Hon. Abdulazeez Hassan Elewu remains the recognized member, representing Ilorin South constituency, as no other person, except him, has a certificate of return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) before the Kwara state House of Assembly.
That KWHA can only recognize any person with a certified certificate of return, which the report also confirmed is yet to be issued to anyone else.
The 9th Assembly leadership, being the custodian of the constitution is a respecter of the rule of law and would do nothing that contravenes the rule of law.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
- All You Need To Know About SS3 ‘Benefit Boys’ Who Resumed School With iPhone 11 And Benz
Share this post with your Friends on