The U.S. denial of VISA to members of Russian delegation for the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has been condemned by the country.
Kremlin spokesman, Dmitry Peskov said Tuesday, that the denial demands tough reaction on the part of Moscow and the United Nations (UN).
In its first action, Kremlin has summoned the American envoy to Russia.
“The American ambassador has been summoned to the Foreign Ministry, our embassy in Washington is taking measures”, Sputnik quoted Peskov as saying.
“This is a direct violation of Washington’s international obligations. It’s not a bilateral visit, it’s a visit of the Russian delegation to the UN General Assembly.
“America provides its territory to the UN Headquarters, and in fact the only thing America has the right to do is to limit, for example, the stay of members of the Russian delegation to one city, New York.
“The U.S. has no right to impose any other restrictions on those heading to the General Assembly.
“Now these rules have been violated. This certainly requires a rather tough reaction from Moscow…and from the UN”.
Peskov added that the visa denial to several members of the Russian delegation was alarming and unacceptable.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group