Sad: Actress stabs mother to death
Mollie Fitzgerald who played a minor role in the film “Captain America: The First Avenger” has been accused of fatally stabbing her mother inside a suburban Kansas City home.
Fitzgerald, 38, was arrested Tuesday by police in Olathe, the Kansas City Star and multiple local TV stations reported.
The actress was charged with second-degree murder and jailed on $500,000 bond. It wasn’t immediately clear if she had an attorney who could comment on her behalf.
Mollie Fitzgerald is accused in the death of her mother, Patricia “Tee” Fitzgerald, 68, who authorities say was found dead Dec. 20 inside her Olathe home.
The daughter was booked into the Johnson County Jail on a charge of second-degree murder, according to county jail records. Her bond was set at $500,000 bond and she is due in court Thursday.
Although Mollie Fitzgerald had a small role as Stark Girl in 2011’s “Captain America,” her IMDb page shows she has more credits as a producer and director than as an actress.
She has worked mostly on low-budget films such as 2017’s short “The Creeps,” for which she served as both producer and director.
For “Captain America,” she also worked as an assistant to the director, Joe Johnston. The film, which starred Chris Evans, grossed $176.6 million in the U.S. and more than $370 million worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.
“Being a part of this production has been one of the best experiences of my life,” Fitzgerald told a comic book publication in 2011.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021