Operatives of the Nigerian Police Force, from Anambra state have arrested a pregnant woman, Oyinye Chime, for allegedly stabbing her boyfriend, Eleyi Azubuike, to death, with a kitchen knife at his home in Ochiagha street in Nkpor, an area in the state on Wednesday, September 2.
The spokesperson of Anambra state police command, Muhammed Haruna, who disclosed this to newsmen, said the police received a report of the alleged murder and swiftly visited the scene on Wednesday.
According to it’s findings, the deceased allegedly impregnated the suspect and wanted to get rid of the unborn child through abortion, however, Miss Onyiye, declined the suggestion, and instead demanded some money for her upkeep which the deceased refused to give her. He said this eventually led to a fight between the couple which resulted in the deceased being stabbed to death by his lover.
According to Haruna, Police operative of the Ogidi Division led by the DPO CSP Ekuri Remigius, visited the scene of the incident and rushed the victim who was found in a pool of his blood to Iyi Enu Mission hospital Ogidi for medical attention, however, he was certified dead by the medical doctor on arrival.
He said there was an observation which was immediately carried out, and it was discovered that the deceased had a deep stab wound close to his chest, the knife which was used by Miss Onyiye was also recovered.
The spokesperson said the case is under investigation, adding that it will make sure it unravel the circumstances that led to the incident.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager