Sade Adu’s transgender son has shared a heartfelt message to praise his mother for her support as he completes his transition from female to male.
Izaak Theo Adu, born Mickailia “Ila” Adu, has spent the past six months in recovery after undergoing phalloplasty surgery, the reconstructive procedure typically undergone by transgender and non-binary people.
At the time, he described the process as “trying, tiring, painful, emotionally exhausting, physically exhausting, uncomfortable.”
After returning home to his family, Izaak shared a photo of him hugging Sade, 60, along with a message praising the iconic singer for her unwavering support.
Izaak wrote: “It’s been a long hard road but We did it!! We are coming home!!!! Thank you for staying by my side these past 6 months Mumma. Thank you for fighting with me to complete the man I am. Thank you for your encouragement when things are hard, for the love you give me. The purest heart. I love you so much. Queen of queens ♥? #mumma #lioness #queen#iloveyou.”
Izaak, who is Sade Adu’s only child from her former relationship with reggae music producer Bob Morgan, came out as transgender in 2016. It was on National Coming Out Day.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution