#Refuses to grant forfeiture order, Adjourns case till Sept. 29
The Federal High Court, Lagos, today refused to grant the application of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for a forfeiture Order on the Ikoyi houses former Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki and instead ruled that the houses were not purchased with illicit fund or proceed of illegal activity.
Justice Liman Mohammed who began giving judgement also stated that the EFCC has not provided any proof that the money with which the houses located on McDonald Road, Ikoyi, were bought came from any establishment related to the Kwara State Government.
Rather the Judge concluded that the Houses were purchased with a credit facility granted Saraki by the Guaratee Trust Bank (GTB).
It will be recalled that the findings of the court was in line with the conclusion of the Supreme Court in the Asset declaration case involving Dr. Saraki in which the same property were the subjects. The Federal High Court also stated that the matter before him were not criminal in nature like the Supreme Court case under reference.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022