Saturday Digest: Sorry State Of Okotie Eboh, And Other “Poultry Buildings” Across Delta Primary Schools
The viral video of the Warri sensation child, Success has revealed in it is entirety the entire decay in class buildings throughout public colleges in Delta State.
Little Success who had lamented the state of her Okotie Eboh Primary School, Sapele as “kpako” in her notorious video, is the attention opener to the entire neglect of main faculty training by the Delta State authorities.
A visit round Delta State owned main colleges has left intellectuals surprised on the stage of degradation of those dilapidated buildings which at first sight in it is sore state are worst than poultry homes, leaving pupils on the mercy of no studying desks, blown off roofs and a not too conducive studying setting.
The statement attributed to the Chief Press Secretary to the Delta State Governor, Mr. Charles Aniagwu quoted as saying, “Delta runs free training at primary and secondary ranges “, has in actual fact added salt to harm as it’s a far cry from what’s obtainable in Delta public colleges as a result of on the identical day, a bunch of gallivanting public faculty college students had been intercepted in Ekakpamre by one Olorogun Samson Okomitie on account of non cost of faculty charges which he promptly paid for.
Recall additionally, the National Association of Nigeria Students, NANS had in a letter to his excellency in 2018 protested the meagre allocation for training within the state’s funds.
The letter which was signed by the erstwhile JCC chairman, Comr Dio Emeka Rex learn;
“Your Excellency sire, it’s subsequently very disheartening to appreciate that solely 8% of the 2019 funds was allotted to training as in opposition to the 26% minimal allocation for training really helpful by UNESCO. We humbly demand your Excellency’s immediate motion to avoid wasting the training in Delta State.
“Your Excellency, Nigeria has the very best variety of out-of-school youngsters on this planet with about 13 million youngsters being out of faculty. Poverty has been recognized as the key motive for this outrageous determine. The authorities is anticipated to be seen taking deliberate steps to enhance on training.
“The management of Nigerian college students in Delta State, subsequently, rejects in totality, such meagre allocation for training. It shouldn’t be acceptable to us and we will resist it by all means attainable. We, subsequently, demand an upward evaluate of the funds allotted to training within the 2019 funds by your Excellency.
“We also demand that Your Excellency declares a state of emergency on education and adopt free education policy in public basic and secondary schools in Delta State. Your Excellency, as we look forward to a prompt consideration and approval of our demands.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on