Weetalknaija Daily Post can authoritatively report that, BABCOCK University, a private institution located in Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State has asked students resuming for the first semester of the 2020/2021 academic session to come with N25,000 for a COVID-19 test.
Weetalknaija Daily Post confirmed that the students are also to resume with their personal safety kits – including an infrared thermometer (for those that can afford them), a pack of disposable face masks or three reusable ones as well as hand sanitisers.
However, Parents has complained about the cost of meeting these demands in addition to increased fees despite that the students would spend less time on campus because of the pandemic.
One parent told Weetalknaija Daily Post on a phone conversation that her ward would be paying N702,000 as fees for a six-week period on campus from October 25 – though online classes will be ongoing till he resumes.
“We got a memo from them three days ago that COVID-19 test is compulsory at the gate. They said students should come with one pack of disposable face masks or three Ankara versions, one infrared thermometer and they must show them at the gate,” she said.
The institution will resume in two batches – first to resume are the final year students in 400-Level, 500 and 600 Levels) next Monday and others on October 25.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited