COVID-19: As FG Moves To Review January 18 School Resumption Date, Universities May Not Resume Soon
As the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic resurges, the Federal Government says it will revisit the previous date set for the resumption of schools across Nigeria on January 18.
This was revealed by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, during a press briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja on Monday while answering questions.
The minister said, “We looked at the rising figures today at the PTF meeting and decided that we should probably take another look at the date.”
‘The resumption date of January 18 is not sacrosanct since, in view of the prevailing epidemiological circumstances, it is subject to constant scrutiny. We’re having it tested.
In view of the rising events, we considered it today at the PTF meeting.
“The ministry is going to take it up tomorrow. So, it will most definitely be checked,’ said Adamu.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation