The Senate has threatened to shutdown Bet9ja offices across the country if the company fails to honour its invitation for a second time.
The Chairman, Senate committee on youth and sport, Senator Obinna Ogba, PDP, Ebonyi, while speaking in Abuja during the verification of Loto companies with license to operate in Nigeria, noted that it was unfortunate that Bet9a refused to honour their invitation, Vanguard reports.
He instructed the clerk of the house to write to the betting company once agian
“Clerk, write to Bet9ja again. If they did not honour your our invitation again, we will ask the National Lottery Commission to seal their offices.”
Senator Ogba who noted that the Senate was making efforts to assist the lottery commission to generate money for the federal government, said, “We wanted to see bet9ja. They can’t runaway,”
According to Senator Ogba, their verification followed series of complains against the betting companies, adding that some do not even have offices while others have not been making remittances to the government.
He said that while verifying, about 20 betting companies that honoured Senate invitation, “some got the licenses but they are not operating. The new regulation only give them one year to start operations,”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022